GARIS PANDUAN PENGHAKIMAN
Part A: (30 marks)
- Is this something that has been done many times, or is this a unique inquiry?
- Does the project show creative ability and originality in the questions asked?
- Does this project constitute advancement in the scientific field involved?
- Usefulness - Does the research address a meaningful problem/opportunity/issue?
- Has the research model promoted an efficient and reliable method for solving the problem?
- Does the research support an investigation and help answer the question in an original way?
Does the research provide a meaningful solution to the problem?
- Is the solution workable ? Acceptable to the potential user? Economically feasible ?
- Does the solution have broad based applicability ?
- Has the solution been tested for performance under the conditions of use ?
- Could the solution be utilized successfully in design or construction of an end product?
- Is the solution a significant improvement over previous alternatives ?
Part B : (30 marks)
Scientific Thought / Engineering Goals / Methods
- Was there a procedural plan for obtaining the solution ?
- Are the variables clearly recognized and defined ?
- Are there adequate data to support the conclusions ?
- Is the objective relevant to the potential user's needs ?
- Does the solution show uniqueness or originality of thought ?
Part C: (15 marks)
- How completely was the problem covered ?
- Are the conclusions tested for validity and/or consistency?
- Is there room for further work, and if so, does the researcher recognize this ?
Part D : (15 marks)
Clarity of Presentation
- Effort- informative and attractive presentation (visual & oral) / technical component.
- Knowledge about the invention/ innovation scientific thought & engineering goal ?
Part E : (10 marks)
Impact Factor or/and Impact on Society
Size of Market for the potential product/technology/services
- Probable Cost Reduction - impact on the organization/system/cost of production or services. e.g. imports – how much the country can benefit?
- Improvement of Quality/ Quantity - for existing technology/product/ services.
Types of Intellectual Property (IP)/Intellectual assets
- Industrial Design
- Plan Variety
- Traditional Knowledge
- Integrated Circuit
- Geographical Indication
- Size of Market for the potential product/technology/services